[Live-devel] mpeg2transportstreamfromessource

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Tue Dec 13 15:12:03 PST 2011

I have an existing multi rtsp source application that records video to disk and streams saved video and live video across our own http protocol. I am now trying to add HTTP Live Streaming for portable devices. I go to the point where all the connections are happening and index files and ts files are created but the .ts files containing the H264 video are not playable. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have an evvironment and scheduler and a MPEG2TransportStreamFrameFromSource instance with a ESSource modeled after the DeviceSource and a class that inherits from MediaSink for the sink. Frames are added into the source and everything flows with 188 byte packets coming out the other side. The eventloop calls my sink and I add the 188 byte packets into the buffer that represents the .ts file. (it is all in memory).  The web server creates the index file (.m3u8 playlist) and the client comes back for the file. It downloads the file to disk in Firefox on windows and tries to play the video on the iPad.

Do I need rtp around es then go to ts ?