[Live-devel] Audio Sync Issue from Axis Camera

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 15 17:31:29 PST 2011

> We are trying to use an Axis Q6034 Camera that sends out a video and audio stream in h.264 and acc. The problem we are having is that the audio and video do not sync no  matter what we try.

Is this a general problem with audio and video from this camera being out of sync, or just a problem with audio/video sync if you try to record it to a file using "openRTSP"?  (You didn't mention "openRTSP" in your message!)

I.e., if you view the stream directly using VLC (i.e, not from a file), then is the audio and video in sync?  If not, then there's probably nothing we can do.

If, however, you're seeing a/v sync problems only when you try to record the stream to a '.mov' or '.mp4' file using "openRTSP", then the problem is basically that the '.mov' and '.mp4' formats are ill-suited for recording incoming audio/video streams, and "openRTSP" is trying to do the best that it can.  To have any hope for this to work, however, you must give "openRTSP" an accurate 'frame rate' parameter (using "-f").