[Live-devel] Add an audio sub-session makes the video stop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 18 07:19:59 PST 2011

> I have another question about FramedSource::doGetNextFrame(). Does this method requires the actual MP3 frame to be returned, or the MP3 frame encapsulated as required by the chosen RTP profile (14 in my case)?

Our RTP output code - in this case, the "MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink" class - automatically takes care of packing an appropriate number of MP3 frames (along with required headers) into each outgoing RTP packet.  If you have a "FramedSource" subclass that feeds into this, then all you need to do is feed it individual MP3 frames.

(If your input source is a MP3 file, then you can just use a "MP3FileSource"; you don't need to write your own "FramedSource" subclass.  If, however, your input source is a live source - e.g., from a MP3 encoder - then you will need to write your own "FramedSource" subclass that delivers one MP3 frame at a time.)