[Live-devel] Add an audio sub-session makes the video stop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 18 13:24:13 PST 2011

> I am currently using a file, but eventually it will be live source.
> I got the audio streaming, which is good, but it stutters. I looked at the packet format with wireshark, but found no issues.
> However I found out that apparently RTP packets are sent too quickly with my class. But if you use MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession, the audio is fine and RTP packets are sent at a normal rate.

OK, so you have code that works: "MP3AudioFileServerMediaSubsession", and code that does not work: Your subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession".  By looking at the differences between them, it should be relatively easy, then, for you to figure out what's wrong with your code.

> If I use my class with openRTSP for a few seconds, the audio file is 3x larger that the video file (with your class it's 10x smaller).
> Do you have any idea what is happening here?

What happens when you try playing this "3x larger" audio file (i.e., after renaming it to have a ".mp3" filename suffix)?

I suspect that you are delivering the same MP3 frame into the downstream "MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink" more than once (so you end up with duplicate MP3 frames being sent).