[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop Crash

David J Myers david.myers at panogenics.com
Mon Dec 19 02:32:07 PST 2011

Hi Ross,

>No, I meant the 'sink' object that those feed into.  Is this a "RTPSink"
(subclass)?  If so, then you should be seeing

>an error message like

>     "MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was
too large for our buffer size"

>This error message will also tell you what to do:

>     Increase "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at least <something> *before*
creating this 'RTPSink'.

>You can do this in your main program, before you create any LIVE555
objects:

>     OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = YOUR_NEW_BUFFER_SIZE;

No I don't see this error message, however I am seeing continuous
truncations, almost every frame is truncated. My own debug output looks like
this, at a rate of around 4 frames per second:-

deliverFrame(): newFrameSize:216054, fNumTruncatedBytes:66055

deliverFrame(): newFrameSize:108994, fNumTruncatedBytes:98217

deliverFrame():newFrameSize:96844, fNumTruncatedBytes :45293

I've tried increasing OutPacketBuffer::maxSize from 1000000 to 5000000 (5
million) but this has no effect. Am I just trying to stream too much data,
too quickly? Is it that however large you make the output buffer, it's going
to fill up if it can't stream out fast enough? How do I get it to drop
frames or GOPs sensibly without truncation? Remember, this is an in-camera
live video server - David