[Live-devel] question regarding recieving & unpacking TS over RTP, generated from testH264VideoToTransportStream

Ken Dunne ken at starseedsoft.com
Mon Dec 19 17:10:40 PST 2011

I've used the example "testH264VideoToTransportStream" as a basis for generating a H264-TS-over-RTP stream of packets.

I have used Wireshark to view the stream of RTP packets, and they appear to be correctly filled with an integer number of 188 byte Transport-Stream packets.

I am trying to further validate this stream, and have used "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp", and modified it to use the MP2T format (33) in the call to:

      sessionState.source = MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource::createNew( *env, &rtpGroupsock, 33, 90000 );

This saves a file, but i am unable to play it with any player that i know of.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ken