[Live-devel] Problem with RTPTransmissionStats

Volker Marks volker.marks at outstanding-solutions.de
Tue Dec 20 04:31:47 PST 2011

Hi Ross,

first of all thanks for your great library.

I'm using your library for an application running under Windows XP. (I know
it's not your favorite OS.)

On one machine ("A") my application multicasts two video streams and one
audio stream. On another machine ("B") the application connects to "A",
receives and renders the three streams and also multicasts two video streams
and one audio stream, which a being received and rendered "A".

Everything works fine so far, except the RTPTransmissionStats:

If both machines use the same RTCP/RTP ports the TransmissionStats are not
correct or empty. If both instances use different ports the Stats work
really fine.

Unfortunately I need to have the same ports on both machines.

I guess that the problem is inside "RTCPInstance::incomingReportHandler1",
but I was not able to find the issue.

Can you give me a hint on how to get the TransmissionStats in my scenario?

Thanks in advance

Volker Marks