[Live-devel] invalid ts stream

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Dec 22 10:05:18 PST 2011

http://appleservice.my-mvs.com:88/SampleSegment/segment1(7).zip

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:44 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] invalid ts stream

I am trying to create a ts file from h264 video from a live source. Everything looks identical to streams that work from a different muxer but when these streams are segmented and served to the Apple mediastreamvalidator, it complains with "error: (-12976) unable to parse segment as either MPEG-2 ts stream ...)

I am quite stumped. Any ideas of what could be wrong with the .ts files generated? They play fine in VLC.

Please put an example of one of these .ts files on a web server, and send us the URL, so we can download and take a look at it ourself.