[Live-devel] invalid ts stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 23 02:51:42 PST 2011

OK, I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with this TS file.  It played OK in VLC, and I was able to stream it (out and in) OK via RTSP/RTP, using our software.

But when I tried streaming it to an iPhone via HTTP Live Streaming from "live555MediaServer" (after indexing the file), it didn't work at all.

Unfortunately I don't know whether this is because there's something about your H.264 profile that's making the iPhone unhappy, or whether this is because there's something about the TS file that's making the iPhone (using HTTP Live Streaming) unhappy.

So, your next task is to find out - via appropriate Apple mailing list(s) and/or forum(s) - what is going wrong.  (You're not allowed to post on *this* mailing list any more about this issue until you've done that :-)