[Live-devel] invalid ts stream

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Sat Dec 24 08:20:39 PST 2011

WTH?

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyccwby0kxy70q5

I have a bunch of files on mediafire and I guess the link in my clipboard was not updated when I cut and pasted and I got the old one.  PFFFT

openRTSP won't build on my win7 dev machine, something wrong with newer command line build tools on windoze. I built and ran it on the mac but it ends up with a zero length file showing a teardown immediately after sending the play with this encoder. Very similar code in my app works great. Embedded devices are sometimes latency challenged.

So I used vlc  with the -sout file/es:CaptureH264.es option

http://www.mediafire.com/?ss2imm337b8y53i

It is xmas eve morning so not much traffic on the road outside work.  This capture is raw so doesn't necessarily start at a keyframe. I hope that suffices.
Counting  there are 36 keyframes and 998 diframes. This is a 30fps GOP=30 stream of 704x480 H264 baseline. .Should be one keyframe per second. Diffframes are not exactly = to 1044 for two reasons: cut off at end probably and NTSC timing correction, some seconds have only 28 diff frames.