[Live-devel] invalid ts stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 27 06:49:06 PST 2011

Sigh...  I think you might not be familiar with the HTTP Live Streaming server implementation that we *already* have (and have had for almost 6 months now).  See:
	http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#http-live-streaming

Our server can *already* stream a H.264-encoded Transport Stream file via HTTP Live Streaming.  We explicitly *do not* segment the file in any way.  Instead, we create (automatically, in our server) a playlist to serve to clients.  Each entry in the playlist refers (using time-based parameters in the URL) to a specific region of the file, but we do not actually segment the file.  Instead, our server delivers the appropriate portion of the file automatically.  Our only requirement is that the file be indexed (using our normal 'trick mode' indexing mechanism) beforehand.

And this works just fine - e.g., with a file made up from Apple's "bipbopgear1" Transport Stream example.

However, it *did not* work with a Transport File that I created - using our "testH264VideoToTransportStream" demo application - from the "CaptureH264.es" file that you provided - ***even after*** I modified our "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" and "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" implementations to exactly match what you did in your code.

So, as I said before, until I know for sure what changes, if any, are necessary to the "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" and "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" code in order for HTTP Live Streaming to work, I'm going to hold off - at least for now - on making any changes to this code.