[Live-devel] invalid ts stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 27 15:37:53 PST 2011

> Can the trick play index be created and maintained on the fly?

No.

> Or does it need , and need to be, a completed file?

Yes.

Our server implementation supports HTTP Live Streaming only for pre-recorded (and pre-indexed) files.  It cannot work for live streams.  So it would not be suitable for your application.  But I don't care about that.

Once again (for the third, and final time!) my point is that the raw H.264 file ("CaptureH264.es") that you provided does not produce a Transport Stream file that works with HTTP Live Streaming, ***even if*** I modify our "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" and "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" implementations to exactly match what you did in your code.

Unless and until I see such a raw H.264 file, I'm not going to be making any such modifications to "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" and/or "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" in our released code.