[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer always stream audio/MPA and video/MPV?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 2 22:56:13 PST 2011

>When progress >= duration I do a 'loop' on the stream, something
>like (sorry i dont have the code here):
>
>pauseStream
>seekStream (to the abs byte 0)
>startPlaying
>
>That work fine when I stream a MPEG1or2* file, but when I stream
>using the way I just mentioned (MPEG4 + ADTS), it does not work.
>
>Do you have any idea about why this happen?

Yes - it's because we don't support server 'trick play' operations
(which include 'seek') on these media types.

See:
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#trick-mode
	http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#trick-play

This is also why the "duration()" virtual function has not been
implemented for these "*ServerMediaSubsession" classes (because, for
example, we can't know the duration of a MPEG-4 video file unless we
were to scan all the way through it).