[Live-devel] successful command but NULL result string

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Fri Feb 4 06:00:42 PST 2011

> Perhaps, though an empty string ("") would be returned if the
> server's response included a "Public:" header that was empty - i.e.
>
> Public:

Ok, that make sense

> >But in this case it would be good to note this can happen in the
> >function description.
>
> Yes, we already do ("RTSPClient.hh", line 54).

Yes, but it's not very clear.
It says :
"resultCode": If zero, then the command completed successfully.
-> this is my case

"resultString" for a successful "OPTIONS" command will be a list of
allowed commands.
-> Ok I am in this case, and there is no allowed command, so I expected
an empty string.

That's why I assumed I did not need to test for a NULL string if the
response was successfull (ie resultCode == 0)