[Live-devel] R: New LIVE555 version, now supports 'trick play' on H.264 Transport Stream files

Vincenzo Terracciano vincenzo.terracciano at its.na.it
Wed Jan 5 04:10:51 PST 2011

I have a lot of problems (audio silence) with testOnDemandRTSP and a TS file
containing H.264 video and MPEG2 audio that I have recorded dumping a live
streaming. Below you can see some of the VLC messages:

main warning: buffer is 89744 in advance, triggering downsampling
main debug: auto hidding mouse
main warning: resampling stopped after 891613 usec (drift: 9469)
main warning: buffer is 62239 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: audio drift is too big (-145371), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-39870)
main debug: audio output is starving (265217), playing silence
main warning: buffer is 40509 late, triggering upsampling
main warning: resampling stopped after 2447308 usec (drift: 69709)
main warning: buffer is 68604 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: audio drift is too big (-125407), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-43800)
main debug: audio output is starving (285006), playing silence
main warning: buffer is 41024 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: buffer is 65964 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: buffer is 99078 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: audio drift is too big (-123122), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-31543)
main debug: audio output is starving (157370), playing silence
main warning: buffer is 44203 in advance, triggering downsampling

If I play the recorded file with VLC it is ok.
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

ITS S.p.A.
Vincenzo Terracciano,
Via Terragneta 90, 80058 Torre Annunziata(NA)
+39 081 5353392