[Live-devel] help rtsp vlc

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 13 00:51:36 PST 2011

>i write rtsp server myself

Are you using our RTSP server implementation (and if not, why not? :-)

>[0x90b3e40] live555 demux warning: no data received in 10s. Switching to TCP
>
>i got the client port 48228-48229,48228 is the rtp port and 48299 is
>the rtcp port, right?
>i have send the rtp data to port 48288,but why vlc said no data received?
>is the RTP not cerrect?

Possibly (especially if you didn't use our RTSP server implementation :-).

Another possibility is that you have a firewall somewhere between
your server and your client that is blocking UDP packets.

In any case, I suggest that you start by using "openRTSP"
<http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> as your client, instead of VLC.
It may help you better understand what is going wrong.

If you have a firewall that is blocking UDP packets, you should run
"openRTSP" with the "-t" flag, so that it tunnels the incoming RTP
and RTCP packets over the RTSP (TCP) connection.