[Live-devel] testH264Videostreamer to VLC crashes the VLC player

Mario Raffin raffin at ermes-cctv.com
Fri Jan 14 05:48:46 PST 2011

Hi All,
     I am using testH264Videostreamer to stream H.264. I use VLC to
capture and decode but it does not work, or it works only sometimes
while the most of times it crashes the player. Quicktime does not show
anything.

When I open the file directly with VLC the playback is fine.

I encode the file in an embedded system putting SPS and PPS each 25 frames.

Moreover when I send the encoded packet via UDP (not RTP) to an embedded
decoder this decodes the stream without any problem so I am sure about
the integrity of the data.

Some idea would be very appreciated. Maybe the problem is in the VLC
player. Can someone suggest a way to test the validity of the stream?

thank you,
mario