[Live-devel] Problem using MPEG2TransportStreamFramer

Santiago Merchán smerchan at gruposamtel.com
Sun Jan 16 11:47:05 PST 2011

Good morning, my name is Santiago and I am an Android developer.

I am trying to write a RTSP server for Android to stream TS files to a SagemCom STB. The RTSP server is working very well, but I have some problems playing some files in the STB.

I´m reading 7 TS packets (1316 bytes) from the file, sending them to the STB, sleeping some time and then back to read. I have ported class MPEG2TransportStreamFramer to Java to be able to estimate by the TS PCRs how much time my sending thread has to sleep to give the STB time to play what I last sent. Some TS files containing MPEG2 video Streams and MPEG1 audio streams are played quite fast and files containing H264 video streams and MPEG1 audio streams are played very slow. Also the image gets frozen periodically (I don´t know if this is because the WiFi latency) and I can´t play TS files containing MP3 streams, while I know for sure that the STB can play them. Anyone can help me with this please?

Thank you very much.
Kind Regards
Santiago

Fdo: Santiago Merchán
Grupo Samtel
Telf: 91 426 48 75
Fax: 91 431 05 73
La información incluida en el presente correo electrónico es CONFIDENCIAL, siendo para el uso exclusivo del destinatario arriba mencionado.