[Live-devel] live555 streaming TS over RTP/RTSP question

Ke Yu jingke2000 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:12:21 PST 2011

Hi All,

I've built a TS over RTSP streaming solution based on
"MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession". The a/v codec types in my
TS are MP4a and MP4v respectively. It plays back nicely in VLC player.
However, my client (an Android 2.2 device with OpenCore based media
player) doesn't support the RTP media type 33. During RTSP handshaking
stage, the client never issued the "SETUP" RTSP command to the server.
It closed the client cocket once the SDP was received. Now, I've found
out this Android client likes the RTP/RTSP data streamed by VLC
(command line: "vlc my.ts
:sout=#rtp{sdp=rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/myts.sdp}"). After
inspecting the network traffic, I realized the VLC demuxed my TS into
MP4V-ES and MP4a, then used dynamic RTP media types for the a/v
streams. My question is how I can do the same thing with Live555
libraries?

Thanks in advance!