[Live-devel] Packet loss when receiving streamed data via TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 18 03:26:43 PST 2011

>I have developed a PCM audio Server/Client based on "LIVE555
>Streaming Media" library (v2010.04.09).

Sorry, but absolutely no support is given for old versions of the code.

>Does live555 can discards some frames?

No.  Our code simply runs in a loop, sending frames (if it's a
server), or receiving frames (if it's a client) sequentially.  It
never 'discards' frames.  If data is getting lost, and you're
streaming over TCP, then the problem must be that data is overflowing
your operating system's internal buffers (at the server and/or the
client ends), which suggests that your stream's data rate is simply
too high for your network.

>Perhaps that the last version of "LIVE555 Streaming Media" library
>can solve this issue?

Personally, I doubt it - but you should upgrade to the latest version anyway.