[Live-devel] Rebroadcast an RTP stream as an RTSP stream with Live555?

Suneet Shah suneets at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 01:27:16 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm wondering if Live555 media server can help me accomplish the following:

   - I'm using gstreamer to create a live video feed encoded in H264, and
   then transmitted as RTP packets.
   - I need to rebroadcast this stream as RTSP with a properly generated SDP
   file, so that it can be viewed on Android

Can Live555 accomplish this? From the website, I couldn't tell if it works
well with live streams, or only with recorded files.

If so, can someone share an example SDP file or provide more instructions on
how to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Suneet