[Live-devel] When send() failed, the return value of send() - EAGAIN

HUNT_Anders Chen anders_chen at huntelec.com.tw
Thu Jan 20 22:24:24 PST 2011

Hello,

    I'm wondering, why LIVE555 project doesn't care about the return value of send().

    I'm facing a problem these days.
    My RTSP Server was connected via a low speed network in RTP/TCP mode, and the client couldn't get any complete image.

    I check the return value of send():
        on Linux : "errno" will be 11 -> EAGAIN
        on Windows : "GetLastError()" will be 10035 -> WSAEWOULDBLOCK
    Ignore the error, and try to send() again, it works.

    Is there any reason why does LIVE555 not check the return value of send()?

    Thank you.

Anders