[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer always stream audio/MPA and video/MPV ?

edi87 at fibertel.com.ar edi87 at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Jan 31 06:24:43 PST 2011

Ross,

Thanks for your answer.

I understand what you say, after sending that mail I start checking the 'stream process' and I found the codecs problems and also why it's using always MPA/MPV.

My question now changes, I need to stream a video+audio file, I  have a .mpg file but I can convert it to any other format with any codec that fit the QuickTimeFileSink object.

You mentioned MPEG4 video and AAC audio, suppose I convert my video to use those codecs, then how can I stream that video+audio file? I ask this because testOnDemandRTSPServer will not help, neither testMPEG4VideoStreamer.

So, is there any way to stream a MPEG4+AAC file with live555? and should openRTSP open that stream and create a .mov file correctly?

I will start reading about add MPEG-1 or 2 support to QuickTimeFileSink.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

>I'm seeing something that I consider weird.

There's nothing "weird" about this.  The diagnostic output is quite
clear about what the software is doing (or more precisely, is not
doing) in this case.

>Warning: We don't implement a QuickTime Video Media Data Type for
>the "MPV" track, so we'll insert a dummy "????" Media Data Atom
>instead.  A separate, codec-specific editing pass will be needed
>before this track can be played.

Our "QuickTimeFileSink" code (which implements the writing of ".mov"
and ".mp4" files) currently doesn't include a mechanism for properly
storing MPEG-1 or 2 video or audio tracks.  (It supports several
other codecs - including MPEG-4 and H.264 video, and MPEG-4 (AAC),
PCM, GSM and QCELP audio - but not (yet) MPEG-1 or 2 video or audio.

>My question is, what do I need to do to stream a mpg file and then
>be able to open it with openRTSP and obtain a valid .mov file?

You would need to update the "QuickTimeFileSink" code to implement
MPEG-1 or 2 video and audio.  If you do this, feel free to contribute
a patch.