[Live-devel] Indexing a recorded stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 5 06:24:51 PDT 2011

>Sorry, it appears that I have uploaded a wrong file.
>Please check this one, I tested it with a fresh compilation of
>indexer and server.
>
><http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7920298/new.ts>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7920298/new.ts

The problem with this file is that - at about 9.5 seconds into the
file - the PCR timestamp decreases: from 30463.882812 seconds, to
30313.541016 seconds.  That shouldn't be happening, and it's
confusing the indexing code.

I can probably update the indexing code to handle this situation more
intelligently, but ideally you should fix your Transport Stream file
(or whatever encoder is producing your Transport Stream files) so
that it doesn't generate bogus PCR timestamps like this.