[Live-devel] Indexing a recorded stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 6 02:03:24 PDT 2011

>Thank you.
>
>But I think there is a bug in this version, I can't use trick play
>on any of the previously indexed files.
>I have three different version, live.2011.03.14.tar.gz works fine,
>but live.2011.06.16.tar.gz and live.2011.07.05.tar.gz have this
>problem.
>Have I missed anything?

Yes, what you have missed is a description of a specific example of a
'trick play' operation that succeeds for you in version 2011.03.14,
but fails in version 2011.07.05.

In particular, please point us at an example ".ts" file for which either:
1/ "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" produces a different ".tsx" file in
each version of the code, or
2/ "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" (with appropriate command-line
options) generates a different output file in each version of the
code.
(See
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html>
for a description of how to use "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay".)

If you can't demonstrate either 1/ or 2/, then I'm not going to be
able to help you.