[Live-devel] wis-streamer RTSP over HTTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 6 02:12:18 PDT 2011

>Hello, I have a camera with a modified version of wis-streamer and
>wanted to know whether wis-streamer supported RTSP over HTTP. I've
>tried connecting to the ports it streams on with telnet and it
>doesnt seem to respond to HTTP requests. Although it streams fine
>and responds to describe requests. How does live implement RTSP over
>HTTP?

RTSP-over-HTTP is implemented, but is not enabled in our RTSP servers
'by default'.  Instead, you have to enable this functionality, by
calling
	RTSPServer::setUpTunnelingOverHTTP()
on your RTSP server, specifying a port number for RTSP-over-HTTP
(which must be different from the port number used for regular
RTSP-over-TCP).

See, for example, the code at the end of
	"mediaServer/live555MediaServer.cpp"
You could easily add code like this to "wis-streamer", if you wished.