[Live-devel] Indexing a recorded stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 6 12:35:59 PDT 2011

OK, I've now found and fixed the problem, and installed a new version
(2011.07.06) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.  Transport Stream
'trick play' works once again.

The problem was caused by the change that we made to
"ByteStreamFileSource" back in version 2011.06.12.  Unfortunately,
reading from a file using "read()" (rather than "fread()") doesn't
work properly if we're also seeking within the file (as we are doing
to the index file when doing Transport Stream 'trick play'
operations).  We now use "read()" only if we know that the underlying
file is non-seekable (e.g., a pipe).