[Live-devel] how to schedule function using scheduleDelayedTask()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 7 09:49:40 PDT 2011

>I did some modification in code for live streaming. Now I want the
>getNextFrame to be scheduled with a delay (of frame duration).
>So in function, MultiFramedRTPSink::packFrame()
>What modifications I should do in code in order to call
>fSource->getNextFrame function()
>using
>envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask()

Why do you think that you need to modify the supplied library code?
You don't modify the code of other source code libraries that you use
(e.g., "libc"), do you?

(This is explained in the FAQ, which also explains why serious
professionals do not use "@gmail.com" email addresses :-)

The duration between each outgoing frame is determined by the value
of "fDurationInMicroseconds" that you set in whatever upstream object
gets fed to your "MultiFramedRTPSink" subclass.  (The
"MultiFramedRTPSink" class (as is!) then works out the appropriate
delay between each outgoing frame.)