[Live-devel] how to schedule function using scheduleDelayedTask()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 7 21:23:30 PDT 2011

>It's true that MultiFramedRTPSink class already provide this feature
>of adding delay. But what we wanted was the optimization over that.
>
>With MultiFramedRTPSink::sendPacketIfNecessary function delay was
>added before sending packet over the network.
>As we are working on live(real time) transmission so what we want is:
>- send the data (media frames) over network as soon as they are
>available. However scheduleDelayedTask in
>MultiFramedRTPSink::sendPacketIfNecessary prevents this unless
>fDurationInMicroseconds = 0

Well then, set "fDurationInMicroseconds" to 0 in your upstream
object.  (Or alternatively, don't set at all in your upstream object,
in which case it will retain its default value of 0.)

Once again, you don't need to change the "MultiFramedRTPSink" code *at all*.

This will be my (and your) last posting on this topic.