[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer and PPS , SPS

ken at starseedsoft.com ken at starseedsoft.com
Sun Jul 10 20:07:23 PDT 2011

Thanks for this wonderful framework, I am very impressed.  I am new to RTP, please forgive my ignorance.
I am following the FAQ item in order to use live555 with an encoder that delivers 'full frames'.I am basing my new app on "testH264VideoStreamer" and have created a "FramedSource" overrides that delivers full frames, per "DeviceSource.cpp/.h"Instead of using an instance of "H264VideoStreamFramer" i am using H264VideoStreamDicreteFramer, since the  "FramedSource" override delivers full frames.I have a single hard-coded frame from my encoder hard-coded inside my "FramedSource" override, which it is delivering repeatedly.
What i see inside "H264VideoStreamDicreteFramer" is that it expects an 8-byte NAL header in order to do its 'aftergetting'.  I don't think my raw frame will have this NAL header, so i guess that i can eliminate this code in an override that i will implement.  But, I guess that i would need to provide SPS and PPS into the RTP stream, is there a simple way to construct these?
Also, is there a simple (small) H.264 encoded single frame available?  I tried to strip one out of  "tc10.264" but I am managing to crash VLC and Apple's quicktime player when i try to stream this single frame repeatedly....
thanks for the assistance.
/K