[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer and PPS , SPS

ken at starseedsoft.com ken at starseedsoft.com
Mon Jul 11 08:24:54 PDT 2011

>> What i see inside "H264VideoStreamDicreteFramer" is that it expects an 8-byte NAL header in order to do its 'aftergetting'.

>No it doesn't.  I'm not sure why you would think this.
>Ross Finlayson

   I thought this out of ignorance of the H.264 encoding process.  From lines 69-71 of H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.cpp it appeared from the comment "NAL units that..." that somehow the 'encoded frame' had been packet-ized with an 8 bit header.  From your response, i gather that the encoder itself places this 8-bit header at the start of the encoded frame.
/Ken