[Live-devel] live-devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 9

Sokratis Barmpounakis sokratis.barmpounakis at unige.ch
Tue Jul 12 01:12:18 PDT 2011

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 02:14:16 +0000
> From: BONNEAU Guy <gbonneau at miranda.com>
> To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
>        <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
> Subject: Re: [Live-devel] TestH264VideoStreamer lags in VLC
>
> Perhaps a bug in VLC.....
>
> I tried with Elecard Stream Eye application and it does see 4 frames per
> second (progressive) in the H264 header and plays at such rate.
>
> GB

Thank you both for your feedback. Actually I am setting FPS=4 in the encoder
parameters, so it should be 4. Did you try to stream using live555 lib and
view it in VLC or did you just open it a disk file? Because as I mentioned,
when I run it just a file from disk, it plays normally, without lags or
strange frame rates. But when I use the testH264VideoStreamer or the
testOnDemandRTSPServer applications, I get this strange behavior. So I
assume, it only has to do with the streaming parameters of the encoding (NAL
parameters?). I am not really a h264 expert, just making some thoughts.
Maybe someone can explain this strange behavior.

Thanks once more,
Sokratis