[Live-devel] Problem with live555MediaServer when working with two ethernet interface

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jul 16 02:12:45 PDT 2011

>I am trying to setup RTSP server on my Linux machine which has two
>network interfaces eth0 and eth1.
>
>_________________
>
>10.199.131.56 ---->| eth1 eth0|<------- 192.168.0.1

[...]

>Play streams from this server using the URL
>
>rtsp://<http://10.199.131.101/>10.199.131.101/<filename>

[...]

>I want to setup RTSP server using eth0 as my client is running on
>subnet 192.168.0.X.

You might be able to do this just by having your client use
192.168.0.1 in the "rtsp://" URL - i.e.,
	rtsp://192.168.0.1/<filename>

If that doesn't work, then I suggest removing the multicast route
(i.e., 255.255.255.0) from the eth1 network (i.e., 10.199.131.0).  If
you do this, but keep the multicast route on the eth0 network, then
the server should automatically use eth0 from then on.