[Live-devel] Problem receiving data on Windows XP

Volker Marks volker.marks at outstanding-solutions.de
Tue Jul 19 08:07:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm implementing a RTSP-Sender and -Receiver using liveMedia under Windows
XP SP2. (Don't ask...)

The current state is that

-using VLC I'm able to play the stuff sent by my RTSP-Sender.

-my RTSP-Receiver is able to process data streamed by the VLC (sent
unicast?).

Unfortunately my Receiver won't play with my Sender. :-(

Session setup seems to work fine and even "sendPlayCommand" reports no
error, but no data is being received.

Now I figured out that "openRTSP" (on which I've based my receiver) doesn't
work with my RTSP-Server nor with "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" either.

Is it possible that the problem is related to the groupsock-error-message
"... failed to join group: setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) error: Unknown
error" printed on the server- and client-side?

If so: is there a workaround on Windows XP?

If it is not groupsock-error related: any other ideas or "usual suspects"?

Regards

Volker