[Live-devel] Problem with RTP over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 21 01:06:11 PDT 2011

>Is it somehow possible that something else could read from the
>socket between when AWAITING_STREAM_CHANNEL_ID is set and the case
>statement?

Now, I don't see how.  (I assume you're not doing something dump like
trying to use more than one thread.)

>   And would it be possible to complete the entire operation in
>tcpReadHandler1, instead of iterating through it repeatedly?

No, because reads from the socket are (now) asynchronous (i.e.,
non-blocking), so each read from the socket might retrieve only part
of the data.

>Lastly, I haven't migrated to the new asynchronous interface--is it
>possible that would have an impact, or is this code shared between
>the two?

Yes, the synchronous interface is implemented using the asynchronous interface.