[Live-devel] latency of mpeg2-ts transmission and reception with the library

כרמל מגן carmel.work at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:58:02 PDT 2011

Hello
First of all, I understand your logic about non-professional email
addresses, However, I work in a company that does not encourage using its
name and domain too freely and so am forced to use a gmail address.
As for my question:
I'm developping a library that will be used to transmit h.264 video and
additional data on Mpeg2-TS stream over UDP.
I'm currently using ffmpeg as a base for handling the Mpeg2-ts. (h.264 is
handled by a hardware encoder and hardware decoder).
I have a problem with ffmpeg and I'm considering other options such as the
liveMedia library.
The problem is that a delay of 2 frames is caused on reception of video by
ffmpeg. I'm not certain why that happens.
My question is, does the liveMedia library do any logic or might add any
latency to mpeg2-ts transmission and reception except for that caused by
network traffic?

Carmel