[Live-devel] Axis multicast crash

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 7 15:48:17 PDT 2011

>Also, we are using the Live555 streaming library from 2009

Sorry, but we can't support old versions of the code (especially as
old as 2009).  There have been *vast* changes (improvements) to the
RTSP client code since then.

>, but it contains the typical fixes for Axis (ex. getting the
>ports/addresses from RTSP SETUP, not from RTSP DESCRIBE).

I don't know what these "typical fixes for Axis" are, because I don't
think anyone on this mailing list has ever mentioned them before, nor
have I seen reports (at least, not recently) of any problems with
non-standard use of RTSP by Axis cameras (that require any
modification to our code).  (If you are seeing such problems - even
when using the latest version of our code - then perhaps they could
be fixed by doing a firmware upgrade on your Axis cameras??)

In any case, you'll need to be using the latest version of our code,
otherwise we won't be able to help you.