[Live-devel] config.macosx change

Thomas Maier thomas.maier at uni-kassel.de
Tue Jun 7 22:55:24 PDT 2011

Am 08.06.2011 um 02:12 schrieb Ross Finlayson:
>>  I could not get the macos version to compile with
>>
>> LIBRARY_LINK =        ar cr
>>
>> so I used
>>
>> LIBRARY_LINK =        libtool -s -o
>>
>> which seems to work fine.
>
> That's interesting.  On my Mac OS X system, I have both "ar" and "libtool".  So I don't know why you don't have "ar".
>
> Could other Mac OS X developers please check this?  Does anyone else have "libtool" , but not "ar"?  And does anyone have "ar", but not "libtool"?

I have both ar and libtool but I remember I also had problems compiling because make aborted.  A simple ranlib on the libs followed by another call to make did the job.  Never tried the libtool way but I'll give it a shot once I get to it.

I am on 10.6.7, XCode 3.2.6.

I think I also had the change the Boolean typedef on OS X because there was some historical definition (or so I read) to unsigned char instead of unsigned.  That was only necessary to use Live555 in my own programs, not to compile Live555 by itself.  Just a heads-up to the OP and maybe it is no longer necessary for newer versions of Live555.

Cheers, Thomas.