[Live-devel] Axis multicast crash

Stephane Pigeon stephane.pigeon at visualdefence.com
Wed Jun 8 06:20:42 PDT 2011

> I don't know what these "typical fixes for Axis" are, because I don't
think anyone on this mailing list has ever mentioned them before, nor
have I seen reports (at least, not recently) of any problems with
non-standard use of RTSP by Axis cameras (that require any
modification to our code).

Thanks Ross,

All our Axis cameras specify the multicast port numbers in the SETUP response, not in the DESCRIBE response.

>>> SETUP rtsp://172.16.5.70:554/axis-media/media.amp/trackID=1?videocodec=h264 RTSP/1.0\\r\\n
<<< RTP/AVP;multicast;destination=239.198.215.5;ttl=5;port=50380-50381;mode=\"PLAY\"

Models we use:

AXIS Q6032-E Network Camera
AXIS Q7401 Video Encoder
AXIS P5534 Network Camera
AXIS Q1755 Network Camera

But that is besides the point. Streaming works fine... under normal circumstances.
In my original post, my point was that there is a crash when attempting simultaneous multicast connections.

I understand that you cannot help because I use old 2009 code. I was just hoping some else had noticed similar behavior.

Regards,
Stephane Pigeon
Senior Software Developer
Visual Defence Inc