[Live-devel] How to enter arguments on playCommon.cpp?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 8 16:01:23 PDT 2011

>I'm working on my final project in Software Engineering

Does your school not have its own domain name :-)

>, which its purpose is to stream rtsp unicast broadcast from digital
>intercom to another end station
>that using the same intercom.
>My renewal idea is not using the VLC player, but to create a simple
>media player, based on C# programming

OK, but our code is C++, not C#

>, which will improve the reloading time of the stream
>and etc.
>Anyway, I'm having a trouble with the file playCommon.cpp. I'm
>trying to broadcast from some test program of yours, called
>testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp. When I run it,
>I get the output message that says:
>  "Play this stream using the URL
>'rtsp://<http://192.168.2.103:8554/testStream>192.168.2.103:8554/testStream'
>"
>"Beginning streaming..."
>"Beginning to read from file..."
>
>So, my problem is when I'm compiling playCommon.cpp (while broadcast
>testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp) I get the usage message from the
>playCommon.cpp, which indicates
>I neeed to enter a list of arguments, and I'm really confused which
>arguments should I use, and which arguments I shall not use?

I'm also confused, because "playCommon.cpp" is used to build only the
"openRTSP" and "playSIP" applications; not "testMPEG4VideoStreamer".

Instructions for how to configure and build this software are on
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/