[Live-devel] RTP over TCP with iPhone

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 16 07:27:19 PDT 2011

>  > You already know that "openRTSP -t" - built from the supplied,
>unmodified source code - works OK on your system.
>
>I have to correct my statement. Sorry!
>
>I get only first image with:
>
>./openRTSP  -t  -F ______Video rtsp://193.158.57.66:8555/mjpeg

You probably got a very large video file, which contains all JPEG
frames, in sequence.  A viewer application will likely show only the
first JPEG frame - but you probably got all of them.

You should also have gotten a MPEG audio file, which you should be
able to play.

>If I wont to write .avi, I find nothing in testProgs directory

That's because the "-i" option outputs an AVI-format file to stdout.
You'll need to redirect it to a file, i.e.
	./openRTSP -i -t > test.avi
But, I would not have high expectations about being able to play the
resulting file.  The "-i" option (AVI file writing) is very
unreliable.

In any case, if you get two large files - audio and video - when you
run "openRTSP -t", then it's working OK.