[Live-devel] DeviceSource and RTSP server

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 08:59:52 PDT 2011

2011/6/26 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:
> Actually, you have this backwards.  Because you are streaming from a live
> input source, you want only one instance of your "DeviceSource" class to be
> created at a time, even if more than one client is connecting concurrently.

All right, I've moved the initialization of DeviceSource and needed
framer object outside *MediaSubsession implementation. I'm not sure
what exactly the createNewStreamSource() function shall contain in
this case. I suppose that it should just return the pointer to global
input framer, but it doesn't work properly. I don't know why the
~DeviceSource() is called after createNewRTPSink() execution.

Thank you for your valuable replies.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/