[Live-devel] Bug with RTP over TCP and sending SET_PARAMETER after streaming has started

Matt Schuckmannn matt at schuckmannacres.com
Wed Jun 29 15:14:18 PDT 2011

Looks like there is a bug in RTSPClientSession::handleRequestBytes()
when SET_PARAMETER is sent to the server while streaming RTP over TCP
and after the PLAY command has been issued. The problem is the code
starting on or about line 422 of RTSPServer.cpp assumes that the the
message is complete when a double \r\n sequence is encountered. However,
in the case of SET_PARAMETER and GET_PARAMETER there is a double \r\n
between the headers and the content, so this code is truncating the
command.

I haven't come up with a fix for this yet but I imagine that it
shouldn't be to hard.
FYI if your doing normal RTP over UDP there is no problem, the answer
probably is to find the command handler code for that code and do the
same thing for the TCP case.

Matt S.