[Live-devel] streaming live H263 video

Arkady Erlikhman arkady at etring.com
Sun Mar 6 08:25:32 PST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to make Live555 work with live video source. My H263 encoder
writes encoded frames to Unix named pipe (FIFO) with a rate of 15 fps*. *I
created a RTSPServer instance, ServerMediaSession and added a
H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession
(reuseFirstSource=True), passing the FIFO file name as the subsession
parameter.

VLC and/or QuickTime player start playing the stream, then repeatedly freeze
for several seconds, then play again. However, everything works fine if I
stream pre-recoded H.263 encoded elementary stream from file (without using
named pipe). Is this happening when RTSPServer is getting EOF while trying
to read the data from the pipe?

Thanks in advance.