[Live-devel] Streaming to wowza media server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 6 17:03:32 PST 2011

>Does this this mean the live555 client is only meant to broadcast
>the streaming media and not to send the source to another media
>server to be streamed?

No, it means that we no longer support clients 'pushing' data to
servers at all.  This is generally a bad idea, and there's no
standard protocol for doing this anyway.  (Apple's 'Darwin' servers
use a bastardized, non-standard variation of the RTSP protocol.)

Instead, our servers 'pull' data from their source.  The easiest way
to do this is if the source is a file (or a named pipe), but - with a
little programming - other kinds of source can also be supported.
(See the FAQ.)

>   Is there a simple way to do that with the current provided live555
>library to mimic the darwin injection but to other media servers?

No.