[Live-devel] RTSP client on STB.

Sebastiaan Heunis Sebastiaan.Heunis at uec.co.za
Thu Mar 10 04:45:39 PST 2011

Good day everyone.

I'm trying to get RTSP going on a set-top box using the liveMedia libraries.

What I've so far managed to do is the following:

-Using one PC with VLC as an RTSP server, I have managed to open and play an RTSP H264 video stream on another PC.
-Using one PC with VLC as an RTSP server, I have managed to issue the sendOptionsCmd() and describeURL() commands from the STB. I have also successfully read the replies from the server and everything seems correct.

Now I need access to the H264 stream sent via RTP. I then need to pass this stream (after stripping off the RTP header) to a decoder on the STB. How do I do this? From my understanding, I should be able to read from the RTP groupsock to a buffer? I have tried doing this after issuing
rtspClient->playMediaSession(*rtspMediaSession)   (this command returned successfully). I used rtpGroupsock->handleRead() to attempt to do this, but no data is read. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Heunis
Research & Development - Platforms
UEC Cape Town Design Centre
Altech UEC (Pty) Ltd
8th Floor, LG Building, 1 Thibault Square
Cape Town, South Africa
+27 (0) 21 425 5700 (direct)
+27 (0) 72 950 9370 (mobile)
+27 (0) 21 425 5688 (fax)