[Live-devel] streaming live H263 video

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 14 00:03:39 PDT 2011

>I can't change the size of the named pipe buffer since my app runs
>on iPhone iOS.
>
>Changing BANK_SIZE makes no difference - VLC player starts playing
>the stream, then pauses for 3-5 seconds, then plays again and the
>pattern continuous.
>
>What else would you recommend?

Implement your own "FramedSource" subclass to encapsulate your H.263
encoder, and use this (instead of a "ByteStreamFileSource") to
deliver H.263 video data into your "H263plusVideoStreamFramer" object.

For a model of how to do this, see the "DeviceSource" code.

(Once again, this is assuming that your CPU+encoder is powerful
enough to generate H.263 frames in 'real time'.  If that's not true,
then you're screwed no matter what :-)