[Live-devel] LIVE555 Media Server

Jobe Lawn realjobe2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 23:45:20 PDT 2011

Hi there. (I just want to make my bid / suggestion about LIVE555 Media Server).

Server work great, no problem there. The point is how can I change the port? Now it seems to be 8544 or similar.

- Can the port be altered as user wants?
- Can rtsp be focred to use TCP (firewalls prevents a lot udp...), because client does not request it.
- Can in later release this be used in conjuction with VLC so that VLC transcodes and published the output to locahost: rtp stream, LIVE555 Media Server reads that soceket and produces the proper RTSP (tcp) stream in wanted port..

That would be a great resolver..

thank you.