[Live-devel] particular implementation (subclass)

kevin631012 kevin631012 at yahoo.com.tw
Wed Mar 23 00:12:51 PDT 2011

Hi All,
when I study live555 , I have some questions .
some classes like Hashtable be defined in HashTable.hh as following .

class HashTable {
    public:
	virtual ~HashTable();
	// The following must be implemented by a particular
	// implementation (subclass):
	static HashTable* create(int keyType);
..
        class Iterator {
	    public:
		// The following must be implemented by a particular
		// implementation (subclass):
		static Iterator* create(HashTable& hashTable);
	};
..
    protected:
	HashTable(); // abstract base class
};

where functions , " static HashTable* create(int keyType) and static Iterator* create(HashTable& hashTable) " are implemented ?

I am not familiar with CPP . it looks like constructor but Im not sure and I can't find it in any cpp code . please tell me what these are ?
any hints will be helpful ~

Thanks
Kevin ...