[Live-devel] Problems on iPhone when on cell network

Thomas Maier thomas.maier at uni-kassel.de
Thu May 12 03:33:56 PDT 2011

Am 12.05.2011 um 10:39 schrieb Bruno Filipe Basilio:
>> Unable to determine our source address: This computer has an invalid IP address: 0x0
>
> I had this problem on my linux box when the live555 RTSP server is launched on boot, more than one network interface is configured and one of them has a dynamic IP served by a DHCP.
> I don't know if this is your problem but in my case it was enough simply to remove the second interface with dynamic IP, it isn't a definitive solution but it can help understand the symptom.

Hi Bruno,

thanks for the reply.  My code is running on an iPhone and I suppose I am not able to mess with the network interfaces.  And I guess nor should I be :).  Have you ever had this problem on a client trying to connect to an RTSP server?  Your post made me realize that I did not explicitly state that I am trying to make my iPhone be a client accessing a remote RTSP server.  The server works fine and is not under my control, but I am getting the errors for client code running on my iPhone.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Thomas